Diocese of Boise
ROMAN CATHOLIC DIOCESE OF BOISE
POSITION: Accounting Manager
RESPONSIBLE TO: Director of Finance
STATUS: Full-Time, Exempt
The Accounting Manager assists the Director of Finance in providing for the overall financial management of the Diocese, and stewardship of the fiscal resources in support of the mission and goals of the Bishop. The Accounting Manager serves to ensure that the financial information of the Diocese is accurate.
The primary function of the Accounting Manager is to coordinate the activity for the Department of Finance and monitor each staff position to help ensure that accurate and timely information is being entered into the accounting systems by each individual in the department.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field, finance and/or accounting preferred.
• Three to five years of professional experience in positions in accounting or finance, with an excellent performance record.
• Experience in general ledger and reconciliation practices, accounting principles, investment and financial reporting methodologies.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Knowledge of Church and business-related government regulations.
• Knowledge sufficient to effectively utilize personal computers and computer network, peripheral equipment, various software packages, and other office equipment.
• Significant knowledge of accounting functions, processes and procedures.
• Excellent written, verbal, and public speaking skills.
• Excellent analytical skills and problem-solving capacity.
• Ability to stay focused and organized.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple tasks.
• Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality concerning financial information.
• Aware of, and sensitive to, a multi-cultural environment, including bilingual skills preferred.
• A practicing Catholic in good standing.
• Knowledge of the Catholic Church and its structures, functions and institutions.
• Strong ethical values.
• Known for honesty and integrity, especially in matters of confidence.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Complete account reconciliations and post journal entries as needed.
• Process stock donations to the Diocese into the accounting records and distribute the funds to parishes or schools if needed.
• Generate tax acknowledgement letters for stock donations.
• Record contributions to Idaho Catholic Foundation.
• Calculate and record distributions from Idaho Catholic Endowments.
• Coordinate with external auditors in the preparation of, and dissemination of, information to the auditors for the annual financial audit of the Diocese and the review for the Idaho Catholic Foundation.
• Complete tax forms as needed.
• Handle questions related to taxes from parishes and schools.
• Reconciliation of Special Collections and other monies held for others.
• Submit special collections monies to specific organizations.
• Supervise the employees in the Finance Department, in the absence of the Director of Finance.
• Provides information as needed for directors and employees of RCDB.
• Other duties as assigned by the Director of Finance.
• Help facilitate parishes and schools with the following insurances: Special Events, Student Accident, LTD, Workers Compensation, Automobile, International and Medical Insurance problems.
• Work with various Diocesan groups to approve drivers and vehicles used for any RCDB business with the Diocesan insurance carrier.
• Invoicing and monthly statements to parishes and schools and customers.
• Reconcile monthly accounts receivable.
• Upkeep of depreciation schedule and entry for depreciation into accounting software system.
• Responsible for annual census report.
• Assist with Internal Audit at parishes and schools.
For questions regarding human resources
(208) 350-7510 phone
(208) 342-2368 fax
Performance Evaluations (Referenced in "Parish/Schools Human Resource Manual" Chapter 13, ages 59-68)