Children’s Faith Formation Coordinator
St. Mark's Catholic Church
Children’s Faith Formation Coordinator
Full-time, Exempt, Salary
Reports to: Children’s Faith Formation Director
• Confirmed Catholic in good standing with the Catholic Church.
• Education, training and experience in faith formation a plus
• Must have demonstrated ability to communicate with both children and adults.
To collaborate with and assist the Children’s Faith Formation Director in coordination of all facets of the Parish Children’s Faith Formation Program (CFF) for children Pre-K/Kindergarten through 5th grades. The Coordinator must be capable of assisting the Director in managing a faith formation office, which will include administrative duties involving the coordination of programs, documents, catechists, volunteers and maintenance of records. The Assistant must be comfortable teaching classes as needed.
• Benefits include dental and health insurance, vacation and retirement.
• 40-hour work week including some night and weekend hours.
Definition and Function:
The Children’s Faith Formation Coordinator is best suited by an energetic person with the intention of assisting the Children’s Faith Formation Director in providing opportunities for children and their families to enter into and deepen a loving relationship with Jesus through His Catholic Church. This individual will have a good theological sense, a heart for children Pre-K/Kindergarten through 5th grades, and assist in coordinating programs which allow them to find their place in the parish community.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist the Director with program needs as requested.
• Be able to teach and/or substitute in any faith formation classes, including Catechesis of the Good Shepherd, when needed.
• Assist in maintaining craft and cleaning materials in various Children’s Faith Formation classrooms.
• Assist in setting up rooms and materials for all Children’s Faith Formation classes.
• Assist the Director with planning school year curriculum.
• Assist the Director with recruitment and oversight of catechists and catechist assistants.
• Maintain class attendance records.
• Reserve space needs for various programs with room reservation manager.
• Assist Director with gathering catechist feedback for development and implementation of effective programming.
• Be onsite and available to provide support while classes are in session if requested.
• Assist Director to ensure all information shared with children and families is consistent with the mission of St. Mark’s Parish and approved Catholic teaching.
• Assist with getting supplies needed for programs.
Catechesis of the Good Shepherd (CGS)
• Willing to attend catechist training in appropriate levels of CGS (potentially outside of Boise).
• Assist in recruiting volunteers to create material needs for classes.
• Assist in providing for needs of the Atrium.
• Help maintain order and cleanliness in the CGS Atrium.
• Update catechist and student materials for classes, weekly.
• Assist Director with providing and/or developing material for child/parent faith formation interaction.
• Collaborate with Director on details for First Reconciliation and First Eucharist parent meetings, retreats and Sacraments.
Christian Initiation for Children and Youth (RCIC or Family Becoming Catholic):
• Collaborate with the Director regarding details for Christian initiation classes, retreats and Sacraments.
Vacation Bible School (one week a year)
• Months ahead of time, assist the Director with marketing and advertising Vacation Bible School.
• Assist the Director in recruiting, scheduling and oversight of VBS volunteer leaders and assistants.
• Assist with registration and gathering supplies.
• Prepare materials and clean-up from Vacation Bible School daily.
• Be onsite and available to provide support while Vacation Bible School is in session.
• Update registrations and collection of sacramental documents for all programs and baptisms.
• Responsible for putting out the children’s bulletin
• Maintain files as needed.
• If volunteer cannot, update liturgical information presented on CFF Bulletin Boards
• Attend weekly staff meetings.
• Participate as appropriate in ministry updates in order to remain current and expand knowledge in the needs of the ministry.
• Attend Diocesan Education Conference and other training as approved by supervisor.
• Maintain safe environment certification.
• Compile Circle of Grace materials for catechists to administer to children each year.
• When possible, attain and maintain training in CPR and First Aid.
• Communicate and work closely with other parish ministry leaders as approved by supervisor.
• Other duties as needed, as pastor directs.
Human Resources Assistance
(208) 341-1311 phone
(208) 342-2368 fax
Policies & Guidelines
Diocesan Application for Employment
Diocesan Application for Employment for Catholic Schools
How to Apply
Contact Parish Office at 208-375-6651