Data Base Specialist
Roman Catholic Diocese of Boise
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
· Working knowledge of Raisers Edge or the ability to learn the program is essential; knowledge in other databases is helpful.
· Ability to keep all databases fiscal coding in line with accounting and finance in an effort to streamline processes internally regarding funds received.
· Ability to work closely with parishes to maintain a centralized database to ensure that donor credit is given to the correct parish.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· The ability to relate pleasantly and professionally with diverse constituency groups of all ages and backgrounds.
· Demonstrates the ability to work in an organized fashion with tact and diplomacy.
· Ability to prioritize and efficiently execute a high volume and broad scope of tasks
· Strong sense of business ethics including the ability to appropriately handle confidential information.
· Dependable—more reliable than spontaneous.
· Detail oriented—would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture.
· Autonomous/Independent—enjoys working with little direction.
Education and Experience
· High school diploma
· Preferably comfortable with Microsoft office, computer skills in general.
· Database management experience preferred but not required as training provided on the job.
Essential Physical Abilities
· Ability to perform essential duties and accurately with or without reasonable accommodation and without endangering self or other employees. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and drive; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear;
· Sufficient clarify of speech and writing, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to discern verbal instructions and communicate effectively on the telephone and in person;
· Sufficient visual acuity, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to comprehend written work instructions and review and prepare a variety of written and text materials, file them in a prescribed order, and organize documents and materials;
· Sufficient manual dexterity, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to operate personal computer and other office equipment;
· Sufficient personal mobility, agility, strength, and physical reflexes, with or without
· reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to work at a keyboard for an extended period of time; to reach, stoop, bend, and stretch in filing materials, lift up to 25 pounds, and work in an office environment.
· Have a positive attitude toward the Catholic Church.
· Excellent interpersonal skills; must be a self-starter, well organized and a team player.
· Ability to utilize technology relative to the requirements the position.
Human Resources Assistance
(208) 341-1311 phone
(208) 342-2368 fax
How to Apply
Complete the Diocesan employment application form and resume and submit both to Charles Lawrence at email@example.com