Director of Religious Education & Youth Ministry
Director of Religious Education & Youth Ministry,
Pre-K through High School,
Risen Christ Boise
Reports to: Pastor or his delegate
Collaborates with: Parish staff, ministry leadership team, diocesan office of religious education/youth ministry
Status: Full time (30+ hours/week), non-exempt, with benefits
The Director of Religious Education & Youth Ministry…
o Has earned a Bachelor’s degree.
o Supports and explains the teachings of the Catholic Church.
o Demonstrates excellent communication skills.
o Is proficient with basic computer skills.
o Demonstrates safe social media savvy.
o A Master’s degree in theology or equivalent is preferred.
o Experience working in a Catholic organization is preferred.
o Training in Catechesis of the Good Shepherd preferred.
o Fluency in Spanish is preferred.
1. Coordinates a dynamic program that evangelizes, catechizes, and mobilizes children, teens, parents, and families in the parish context.
2. Communicates events, programs, encouragement, and expectations with parents on a regular basis.
3. Equips and empowers parents to form young people as followers of Christ and the Church so families can be strengthened.
4. Recruits, trains, equips, and empowers volunteers for pre-kindergarten through high school and youth ministry. Ensures that all adults working with minors are in compliance with safe environment policies.
5. Utilizes curriculum, online content, music, skits, stories, crafts, activities, and resources integrated with the Mass (especially the readings) to form a cohesive presentation of the Catholic faith.
6. Prepares children & youth for sacraments of First Communion, Reconciliation, and Confirmation by teaching them and instilling the need for a lifelong faith journey.
7. Builds appropriately supportive relationships with staff, volunteers, children, parents, families, and parishioners.
8. Seeks continual personal and professional development through webinars, books, websites, conferences, mentoring, and other approved means.
9. Connects our parish to the diocese and other parishes for collaboration, support, and shared events.
10. Meets and collaborates regularly with other Directors/Coordinators of Religious Education, youth ministers, and volunteers from various parishes and the Diocese for professional and personal support.
11. Carries out the vision of the pastor in collaboration with the deacons and Risen Christ staff.
12. Tracks records, payments, registration, and needed documents in collaboration with office staff.
13. Cultivates a prayer life that supports this ministry at Risen Christ and your personal wellbeing.
14. Regularly attends Sunday Mass and lives in union with Catholic Church teaching.
For questions regarding human resources
(208) 350-7510 phone
(208) 342-2368 fax
Performance Evaluations (Referenced in "Parish/Schools Human Resource Manual" Chapter 13, ages 59-68)
DIOCESE OF BOISE
FAX: (208) 342-0224
1501 S. FEDERAL WAY, SUITE 400, BOISE, ID 83705