St. Mark's Catholic School
Job Title: Catholic School Teacher
Exemption Status: Exempt
Primary Function: Under the direction of the school principal, is responsible for supporting the Diocese of Boise in its mission to evangelize, catechize, and educate youth in a Catholic Schoo1 environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
■ Recognize and support the unique Catholic Mission of the School by speaking, acting, and instructing consistent with the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church. The teacher may not espouse any doctrine inconsistent with the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church.
• Give evidence of living Gospel values by being an active member of a faith
community and being open to the importance of a personal faith journey; strive to model the teaching of Jesus by attitude and example.
• Help build the School's faith community by demonstrating a willingness to participate in and help plan School religious and service activities.
• Demonstrate effective planning skills by preparing lessons designed to implement and achieve academic goals and objectives as adopted by the School, along with a
Catholic religious curriculum as articulated by the School.
• Demonstrate competence in teaching by demonstrating current, thorough knowledge of the academic and religious curriculum as specified, and be able to communicate effectively with students; organize classroom learning and materials to maximize student time on tasks and motivate student learning.
• Develop and use effective methods of evaluation that are directly related to curricular objectives and to concepts and skills taught; consistently, clearly, and effectively evaluate student progress.
• Establish a consistent disciplinary approach that promotes self-direction and
positive self-image; set high standards for student behavior and manage inappropriate behavior effectively.
• Maintain a functional and pleasant learning environment.
• Cooperate with School and Diocesan administration; work effectively with all staff members to promote positive relationships with students and parents. Specific attention will be given toward prompt attendance at scheduled faculty trainings and meetings.
• At all times, demonstrate professional responsibility in enforcing School policies and regulations.
• Maintain confidentiality of information; display sound judgment in dress and general behavior.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
To apply, please submit: ~ Cover Letter ~ Resume ~ 3 Letters of Reference ~ Diocesan Application found At - https://www.catholicidaho.org/current-openings
Human Resources Assistance
(208) 342-1311 phone
(208) 342-2368 fax
Policies & Guidelines
Diocesan Application for Employment
Diocesan Application for Employment for Catholic Schools