Finance Administrative Assistant/Accounts Payable
ROMAN CATHOLIC DIOCESE OF BOISE
POSITION: Finance Administrative Assistant/Accounts Payable
RESPONSIBLE TO: Director of Finance
STATUS: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
The Finance Administrative Assistant assists the Director of Finance in providing for the overall financial management of the Diocese, and stewardship of the fiscal resources in support of the mission and goals of the Bishop. The Finance AA serves to assist the Finance Department in timely completion of tasks, and handle accounts payable.
The primary functions of the Finance AA are to assist the Finance Officer in coordinating the activity of the Department by handling routine correspondence and calls, and providing clerical assistance. The Finance AA also serves as the accounts payable clerk, assuring timely and accurate payment of all accounts payable.
Education and Experience:
• High school education.
• Two years experience in accounts payable and general support staff functions.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Knowledge of business correspondence procedures.
• Knowledge of appropriate clerical functions and procedures.
• Knowledge of filing systems and methods.
• Demonstrated skill in typing and word processing.
• Demonstrated organizational skill.
• Excellent telephone communication skills.
• Skill in operating various computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Outlook Express, Microsoft Excel, Access, PowerPoint desirable.
• Ability to work with computerized database systems.
• Ability to accurately and quickly type various documents including correspondence, minutes, agendas, mailing labels, and related documents.
• Ability to establish and rearrange priorities for timely completion of assignments within the broader goals of the Office.
• Ability to work well with co-workers, supervisors, and the general public.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Known for honesty and integrity, especially in matters of confidence
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
FINANCE ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
• Serve as contact person for Finance Officer if he is unavailable.
• Answer Help desk inquiries.
• Direct incoming calls to proper individual when necessary.
• Maintain filing systems.
• Handle correspondence as directed.
• Process mail and electronic deposits daily.
• Handle supply orders.
• Order postage supplies and copier paper as needed.
• Responsible for scheduling use of projector system.
• Issue travel purchase orders when requested.
• Setup and maintain vehicle files as instructed.
• Responsible for all accounts payable coding, data input, and check processing through the diocesan pastoral center office and from various outside sources.
• Maintain spreadsheets for 1099 purposes and process 1099’s at year-end.
• Handle all centralized savings and loan withdrawals for the parishes and schools throughout the state.
• Setup and maintain accounts payable files.
• Issue accounts payable processing schedules to department contacts on a monthly basis.
• Setup and maintain accounts payable vendor files.
• Process RCDB payable checks on a weekly basis.
• Maintain QCH payroll files and process QCH payroll on a monthly basis. Please fill out a job application form found at https://www.catholicidaho.org/human-resources and send with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions regarding human resources
(208) 350-7510 phone
(208) 342-2368 fax
Performance Evaluations (Referenced in "Parish/Schools Human Resource Manual" Chapter 13, ages 59-68)
Diocesan Pastoral Center
FAX: (208) 342-0224
1501 S. FEDERAL WAY, SUITE 400, BOISE, ID 83705