Full Time Middle School Teacher
Holy Family Catholic School
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
1. Bachelor’s degree or higher from a fully accredited university or college;
2. Valid Idaho Teaching Certificate endorsed for appropriate levels and subjects;
3. Verification of Highly Qualified status;
4. Ability to work with students, staff, parents, and the public;
5. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as school administration may find appropriate and acceptable.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Plan and implement a program of study that aligns with Diocesan, District, and Idaho Core state standards and meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of students assigned for instruction.
2. Complete all Diocesan and state assessment mandates; use the data provided to drive instruction.
3. Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and is a safe space for student exploration and discovery in the content areas.
4. Design complete, effective, standards-based lesson plans with student friendly “can do” statements published daily.
5. Guide the learning process toward the achievement of curricular goals.
6. Employ instructional methods and school-adopted materials that are most appropriate to the teaching assignment.
7. Assess the growth of students on a regular basis and provide progress reports as required.
8. Maintain accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, diocesan policy, and administrative protocols.
9. Consult with colleagues, students, and parents on a regular basis.
10. Develop reasonable rules for classroom behavior and procedure; maintain order in the classroom in a fair and just manner.
11. Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
12. Accept reasonable student supervision assignments that are necessary for the safe management of the school.
13. Provide a substitute teacher with lesson plans or complete directions to carry on the educational program when the teacher is absent.
14. Attend staff meetings and serve on staff committees as required.
15. Strive to maintain and improve professional competence.
16. Seek out opportunities for professional growth.
17. Maintain high standards of ethical behavior and confidentiality of student information.
18. Have regular and predictable attendance
Other Duties and Responsibilities: Perform all other duties as assigned.
For questions regarding human resources
(208) 350-7510 phone
(208) 342-2368 fax
Performance Evaluations (Referenced in "Parish/Schools Human Resource Manual" Chapter 13, ages 59-68)