Instructional Aide, Second Grade (Part-Time)
St. Paul's Catholic School
Under the direction of the school principal and classroom teacher, the instructional aid is responsible for supporting the learning environment and assist the teacher with other responsibilities. The instructional aid should support the Diocese of Boise in its mission to evangelize and catechize youth in a Catholic School environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Under supervision of the teacher, provide direct instruction of students and conduct instructional exercises, both with individual students and small groups.
• Recognize and support the unique Catholic Mission of the school by speaking, acting, and providing instructional assistance consistent with the teachings of the Catholic Church - may not espouse any doctrine inconsistent with the teachings of the Church.
• Give evidence of lived Gospel values by being an active member of Catholic faith community and being open to the importance of personal faith journey;
model the teaching of Jesus by attitude and example.
• Assist the classroom teacher with student supervision including assisting with lessons and recess/lunch supervision.
• Assist with the school lunch and playground supervision as necessary.
• Consistently and effectively assist in the evaluation of student progress.
• Assist the teacher with a consistent, positive disciplinary approach which promotes self-direction and positive self-image, and motivates learning.
• Demonstrate professional responsibility in all tasks assigned, display
sound judgment in dress and general behavior, at all times.
• Be willing to perform other duties as assigned.
• A strong commitment to the mission of fostering lay leadership in the Catholic Church. If a baptized Catholic, must be a practicing Roman Catholic in full communion with the Church
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Excellent human relations and interpersonal skills; must be a self-starter and be
well organized; must be a team player.
• Be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Proficiency in the use of computer technology including word processing.
• Must maintain confidentiality at all times.
• The ability to successfully complete a criminal history and background check.
• Professional demeanor, clean and neat personal appearance.
Education and Experience:
• Preferred: A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
• Preferred: Previous Elementary Classroom Experience
Email the following to Sara R. Harris, School Administrator (firstname.lastname@example.org):
• Cover letter, explaining your interest in the position
• Diocesan Application for Employment
• Letters of Recommendation (2)
The job will remain open until filled.
For questions regarding human resources
(208) 350-7510 phone
(208) 342-2368 fax
Performance Evaluations (Referenced in "Parish/Schools Human Resource Manual" Chapter 13, ages 59-68)
Diocesan Pastoral Center
FAX: (208) 342-0224
1501 S. FEDERAL WAY, SUITE 400, BOISE, ID 83705