Part-time Catholic School Instructional aide
Sacred Heart Catholic School
· Under supervision of the teacher, provide direct instruction of students and conduct instructional exercises, both with individual students and small groups.
· Recognize and support the unique Catholic Mission of the school by speaking, acting and providing instructional assistance consistent with the teachings of the Catholic Church; an instructional aide may not espouse any doctrine inconsistent with the teachings of the Church.
· Give evidence of lived Gospel values by being an active member of the faith community and being open to the importance of personal faith journey; model the teaching of Jesus by attitude and example.
· Assist the classroom teacher with student supervision including assisting with lessons and recess/lunch supervision.
· Consistently and effectively assist in the evaluation of student progress.
· Assist the teacher with a consistent, positive disciplinary approach which promotes self-direction and positive self-image, and motivates learning.
· At all times demonstrate professional responsibility in all tasks assigned; display sound judgement in dress and general behavior.
· help students make good decisions when supervising the playground.
· Be willing to perform other duties as assigned.
· Be willing to assist office staff when needed.
· A strong commitment to the mission of fostering lay leadership in the Catholic Church. If a baptized Catholic, must be a practicing Roman Catholic in full communion with the Church
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
· Excellent human relations and interpersonal skills; must be a self-starter and be well organized; must be a team player
· Be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
· Proficiency in the use of computer technology
· Must maintain confidentiality at all times
· The ability to successfully complete a criminal history and background check
· Professional bearing and clean and neat personal appearance.
Education and Experience:
· A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution Preferred
· Previous Classroom Experience Preferred
Email the following to Brock Carpenter, principal, email@example.com
· Cover letter, explaining your interest in the position.
· Diocesan Application for Employment
· Letters of Recommendation (2)
If you have any questions contact Brock Carpenter (email above) or Holly Little (firstname.lastname@example.org)
For questions regarding human resources
(208) 350-7510 phone
(208) 342-2368 fax
Performance Evaluations (Referenced in "Parish/Schools Human Resource Manual" Chapter 13, ages 59-68)
DIOCESE OF BOISE
FAX: (208) 342-0224
1501 S. FEDERAL WAY, SUITE 400, BOISE, ID 83705