School Principal Leadership Position
St. Mary's Parish
THE SCHOOL AT-A-GLANCE
St. Mary’s Parish School was founded in 1908 and has served the community of Moscow and the Palouse for over a century. The school currently offers preschool through eighth grade with 120 students and 20 faculty and staff. The school is accredited by the Western Catholic Education Association. The school is poised for long-term success with a remodeled and expanded facility, a $2 million endowment, and a thriving school board that helps with planning and fundraising.
THE CITY OF MOSCOW, ID
The school is located in the Pacific Northwest city of Moscow, Idaho, a college town with a population of approximately 26,000 nestled in the rolling hills of the Palouse on the border of Idaho and Washington State. The town is home to the University of Idaho and only a few miles from Washington State University. Moscow was rated as the best place to raise a family by Marketwatch in 2018 and 2019.
St. Mary’s Parish Catholic School exists as a vital part of the St. Mary’s Church ministry by serving as an evangelization arm for the parish. Our Mission is to encourage and challenge its students to grow tangibly in their relationship with God, as they strive to be life-long learners igniting their faith, knowledge, creativity, and service.
● Grow enrollment with improvements to marketing, admissions and community relations
● Improve the school’s financial sustainability through development and strategic financial planning and management
● Communicate with and support faculty and staff with encouragement, professional support, mentorship and clear direction
● Work with Superintendent and School Board on an new strategic plan
● Maintain congruence between the School’s Mission, strategic plan and all programs
● Actively helping the school flourish in areas most in need of growth
● Present information about the School and its educational program to prospective students and their parents, to new families, and to current families.
● Oversee and direct the financial and academic and staff resource allocation of the school in coordination with the Superintendent, School Board and Business Office.
● Manage and lead all staff and personnel
● Determine and direct development and fundraising priorities, projects, events and activities in collaboration with the St. Mary’s Foundation.
● Represent the School at various events and serve as a spokesperson and advocate for the School, its values, its mission, and the programs offered to further the mission.
● Review and evaluate academic programs, ensuring compliance with educational standards, accreditation processes, while also monitoring trends in education and facilitating change where needed.
● Observe, supervise, and help evaluate the faculty in the development and implementation of curriculum, pedagogy and discuss teaching performance with faculty members.
● Encourage and support the professional development and evaluation of the faculty
● Encouraging, guiding and challenging other colleagues in fostering a culture of excellence across the whole institution
● A faith-filled practicing Catholic who will embrace and promote the Catholic identity of the school
● Experience as a K-12 classroom teacher
● A relational, collaborative servant-leader
● Adept at building and growing an organization/institution
● Proven skill in recruiting, supporting, developing, and motivating high-quality faculty and staff.
● Experience with critical areas of school leadership including development, enrollment management, school finances, program development, faculty and staff support.
● Hold a valid Idaho Administrator certificate, or be eligible for licensure as an administrator in Idaho.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and a cover letter to Dr. Sarah Quilici (email@example.com).
For questions regarding human resources
(208) 350-7510 phone
(208) 342-2368 fax
Performance Evaluations (Referenced in "Parish/Schools Human Resource Manual" Chapter 13, ages 59-68)