Youth Ministry & Confirmation Assistant
Holy Apostles Catholic Church
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
COORDINATE ~ COMMUNICATE ~ CONTRIBUTE ~ CARE
• Contribute your unique talents to help improve our middle school and high school youth programs and activities: including worship planning, evening activities, retreats, camps, and any other youth ministry events.
• Help with administrative tasks such as (but not limited to): entering records, youth ministry registration, retreat, and event registration, weekly newsletters, etc.
• Recognize the needs of our young people and be creative in meeting those needs.
• Other duties as assigned by the parish priest and Director of Youth Ministry
The Preferred Candidate Will:
“A LITTLE BIT CRAZY, A LITTLE BIT LOUD, A WHOLE LOTTA FUN!”
• Be a “people person” who possesses the spiritual and emotional maturity to relate well to the teens, families, and parishioners at Holy Apostles.
• Be able to maintain a cooperative team spirit and an attitude of genuinely caring for our teens and team members.
• Be a passionate communicator in both the written and spoken word.
• Be able to exhibit a “whatever it takes” attitude regarding creative thinking, problem-solving, and crowd management.
• Have strong organization and time management skills, while being able to change gears on the fly as necessary.
WALK THE TALK
• History of working well with teens and a passion to help youth grow in their faith. Yep, it’s a requirement.
• Solid Catholic faith background and registration in good standing with home parish.
• Availability to work during the week and on weekends.
• Must be Safe Environment trained (or ability to do so upon being hired) and clear a background check within the Diocese of Boise as per the requirements of the Office of Child, Youth, and Adult Protection.
Compensation is to be determined based on experience. Full benefits are available for full-time Diocese employment including tuition to Diocese schools.
Primary Goals of the HOAP YOUTH Ministry:
Goal 1 – Draw young people to responsible participation in the life, mission, and work of the Catholic faith community.
Goal 2 – Help our young people grow in mind, body, and spirit with peers and mentors.
Goal 2 – Empower young people to become disciples of Jesus Christ using Faith, Hope, Love, and Evangelization to be sent out into the world to care for others
How to Apply
To apply: Submit resume, 2 references, and application to email@example.com
Human Resources Assistance
(208) 342-1311 phone
(208) 342-2368 fax
Policies & Guidelines
Diocesan Application for Employment
Diocesan Application for Employment for Catholic Schools