Coordinator of Youth Ministry
The Catholic Community of Sun Valley, Idaho
Sun Valley, ID
Some responsibilities of this position include: coordinating youth ministry sessions for high school teens, organizing retreats and special events, coordinating a one year Confirmation preparation program, and regularly communicating with teens, volunteers, and families.
An excellent candidate for this position would be gifted at relational ministry and possess outstanding communication skills. He/she would be seeking a flexible schedule but have a willingness to work some nights and weekends. The candidate would have a Bachelor’s degree and would be a role model for living the Catholic faith. Previous youth ministry experience and bilingual fluency (English & Spanish) and familiarity with Anglo and Latino spiritualities is preferred.
The Catholic Community in Sun Valley/Wood River Valley Idaho represents 400 families who gather every Sunday at one of our two sister churches: Our Lady of Snows in Sun Valley, Idaho and St. Charles Borromeo in Hailey, Idaho (11 miles apart). This community was founded in 1883 and is a member of the Diocese of Boise, Idaho. Our valley features America’s first destination ski resort, built in 1936 by the Union Pacific Railroad. We are located in the Northern Rockies region of south-central Idaho and have four distinctly beautiful seasons. If you ask a local, we will tell you that there are more awesome outdoor recreational activities here than in any other community in the U.S.!
Responsibilities and Duties:
Coordinate programming for high school teens to form them in the Catholic faith.
• Forming, organize, and strengthen a Core Team of adult volunteers to assist in leading the regular ministry programming, mentoring Confirmation candidates, and facilitating events.
• Prepare and lead faith opportunities for students such as retreats, lock-ins, conferences, or service projects.
opportunities for students such as retreats, lock-ins, conferences, or service projects.
• Coordinate invitation, documentation, and preparation for students (and their families) for the Sacrament of Confirmation.
• Ensure that all programs and personnel reflect the priority to safeguard young people and provide safe environments for their faith development.
• Cultivate and maintain ministerial relationships with youth ministry teens, parents, and volunteers.
• Collaborate with other parish leaders by attending staff and department meetings as well as working in conjunction with their ministries to advocate for youth and assist total parish growth.
Qualifications and Skills:
• Faithful and joyful Catholic in good standing who desires to share love for Jesus and the Church with others.
• Strong ability to build faith-filled relationships with youth, families, and volunteers.
• Excellence in oral and written communication, including public speaking and social media resources within responsible use according to diocesan guidelines.
• Be consistently available to minister on nights and weekends.
• Self-starter who is comfortable taking the lead on projects, events, and ministry activities.
• Team player who can thrive within a team setting.
• Recruiting and organizational skills.
• Bachelor’s Degree.
• Working knowledge of MS Office suite and Google Drive applications.
• Some musical talents preferred.
Full-Time position with a competitive salary, based on experience, plus benefits and housing assistance available. Opportunity to earn more with incremental involvement with middle school youth and/or young adult ministry.
How to Apply