Mental Health Counselor
Catholic Charities of Idaho
7201 W Franklin Rd, Boise, ID 83709, USA
The Christian Mental Health Counselor will provide out-patient counseling to individuals, children, couples, and families at Catholic Charities of Idaho. The counselor will work with a team of other counselors under the supervision of the Clinical Director. We are a diverse office, counseling individuals of all faiths and backgrounds, including children, adolescents, and adults. We are committed to serving our clients with a Christian understanding of the person, marriage, and family life, as well as each individual’s culture, race, and religion.
At Catholic Charities Counseling Services, we seek to enable our clients to overcome emotional and/or behavioral obstacles that prevent them from realizing their full potential. Our staff members bring compassion and varied clinical experience to the services provided to our clients. We offer in-person counseling at our Boise office counseling center and other areas of the State via tele-health.
Client issues have included (but are not limited to) various mood and anxiety disorders, relationship concerns (including marriage and pre-marital), addiction issues (substance and process), trauma-related issues, problem behaviors, as well as matters related to adolescence and parenting.
• Provide individual, couples, and family counseling. Coordinate services to individuals and families and maintain collaboration. Demonstrate commitment to improving client outcomes & customer satisfaction.
• Develop treatment plans and assess progress.
• Complete and maintain clinical records using electronic record software in a timely manner and according to agency policies and procedures.
• Operate on an independent level in accordance with your level of licensure.
• Participate in a collaborative team environment.
• Attend and participate in regular staff meetings, training, and individual supervision.
• Develop and maintain professional relationships with CCI staff.
• Uphold Catholic social teachings.
• Licensed or working toward licensure (LPC) in the State of Idaho.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule including some evenings.
• Ability to speak and write in English required, Bilingual Spanish a plus.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Nondiscriminatory attitude regarding people, ability to work with all populations, appreciation for cultural competency as a core agency value.
• Must have an understanding or willingness to learn Catholic Social Teaching, strong commitment to agency mission, understanding of Roman Catholic Church structure and mission.
• Ability to appropriately manage confidential information.
• Criminal history clearance.
Have a minimum of three years of previous experience in counseling, social services, or ministry work.
• Comprehensive benefits package
• Competitive pay, compensated for all hours worked (not billable hour).
How to Apply
Apply on the Catholic Charities of Idaho website: https://www.ccidaho.org/careers.html