Online Safe Environment Renewal Training
CMG CONNECT SAFE ENVIRONMENT RENEWAL
The Office of Child Youth and Adult Protection offers Online Safe Environment Renewal Training! As reported in November, CMG Connect is a leader in safe environment training technology. It offers online training with tracking capabilities that will help with the annual requirements of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops’ “Charter for the Protection of Children and Young People”. The program has been tested and it will be made available to the diocese by February 1, 2017.
CMG Connect is unique, in-depth and powerful. It engages participants by drawing them into real life situations. This comprehensive training program will be available for online renewal of training to all clergy, employees and volunteers. We are excited for the opportunity to offer another resource of training as we move forward in our efforts to keep our communities safe for all children as well as the adults who work with the youth. CMGConnect addresses important topics such as pornography, social media and working with vulnerable adults. The training program is available in both English and Spanish.
CMG Connect is cost Effective, has high quality professionally recorded videos, and is committed to producing additional re-certification videos. It has a data tracking platform that will integrate with the CYAP database, while at the same time it can provide reports to each parish and school as needed.
The people of Idaho have spent countless hours working on and creating safe environments in our parishes and schools. We can report with confidence that the Diocese of Boise is moving forward in our commitment and mission to keep our communities safe. We continue to pray for the great work you are doing to help heal, protect children and the vulnerable adults in our communities. Our goal is to restore the trust within the Church and create a culture of protection and healing.
How to Renew Your Certification
First select Safe Environment RENEWAL Training/Sexual Misconduct Policy Acknowledgement - Diocese of Boise.
Once you begin this training program, continue until you are given a 100% completion. You will not be awarded a certificate until you have successfully completed the training curriculum.
Next, notify the Office of Child Youth & Adult Protection. All previous training will be merged into your CMGConnect account. All your Safe Environment information will be available online in the CMG Connect Dashboard.
By providing a valid email address the system will automatically notify you when it's time to renew your background check and/or your training certification. Remember that you must choose a new training module per year to renew your certification.
SIGN UP OR SIGN IN TO CMG CONNECT
To access CMGConnect click Here
1. In the middle of the screen you will see “Find Your Diocese” from the pull down menu look for BOISE….then hit GO
2. Now you will be able to create an account for yourself (if you have an existing account…you could Sign In to access your account. You will see this option at the upper right corner of your monitor)
3. Once you create an account or Sign In into your account, you will select a training module.
4. Please select Safe Environment Face to Face Training for those who are pre-registering for an In Person Safe Environment Training Workshop. This will prompt you to view and acknowledge the Diocesan Policies, after which you can register for the training workshop in your area.
5. For those who have already attended an In Person SEW Training and are renewing their training certification. Please select A. Safe Environment RENEWAL Training/Sexual Misconduct Policy Acknowledgement - Diocese of Boise Once you begin this training program, continue until you are given a 100% completion. You will not be awarded a certificate until you have successfully completed the training curriculum.
6. After you have completed your online training please notify the Office of Child Youth & Adult Protection. All previous trainings such as an In Person Safe Environment Training as well as Background Check history will be merged into your CMGConnect account. Moving forward, all your information will be available online.
7. By providing a valid email address the system will automatically notify you when it is time to renew your background check and/or your training certification. You may select a different training module. Remember that you only have to attend ONE training module per year to renew training certification.